COVID-19 ACCESS TO SERVICE UPDATE
(October 19, 2020)
***Attention - New This Year***
DUE TO COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
THE TOY CENTRE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING
SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE:
- YOU MUST ATTEND THE TOY CENTRE ON YOUR SCHEDULED DATE AT YOUR SCHEDULED TIME
FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOUR APPOINTMENT IS AT 10:00AM ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 15th – YOU MUST BE THERE ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15th AT 10:00AM
- ONLY 1 PERSON PER FAMILY WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE TOY CENTRE
- YOU MUST WEAR A MASK – NO EXCEPTIONS
- WE WILL BE TAKING TEMPERATURES AT THE DOOR WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SANITIZE YOUR HANDS
- YOU MUST PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING
How to Register for Toys:
Call 2-1-1 to obtain an appointment at the Toy Centre
Registration begins on Monday, October 26th, 2020 and will run until Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020.
2-1-1 Registration Call Centre Hours
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Toy Centre Location
1601 Telesat Court
Toy Centre opens for Distribution on Monday, November 16th, 2020
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 12:00pm
Please bring the following Documents to your appointment:
Parents: Photo Identification as well as something with your address
Children: Ontario Health Card, Birth Certificate
Proof of Income:
Acceptable items: Pay Statement/Stub, 2019 Income Tax Return, ODSP Stub, Ontario Works Stub, Canada Child Benefit (CCB) Stub
CFS (Food Bank)
- By appointment ONLY
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9am-4pm
- To schedule contact 613-241-1573 extension 268/221 · Inquiries (for agencies) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: Supportive Housing providers who have residents requiring our Food Bank services, can if they are able to, make arrangements to pick up their residents' food on their behalf:
Ø Send Diana Javier an email request for food request identifying:
o Client’s first and last name
o Client DOB
o Any relevant food restriction for any specific client
Ø Email request must be submitted to her by Friday each preceding week for order pick up available the following week.
Ø She will send an email confirmation of food order received along with specific time on Tuesday for food pick up.
Ø This is a reminder to clients with a scheduled food pickup: Vehicles are not permitted in our parking lot. You are advised to seek parking across the street.
*Unfortunately we are unable to make deliveries at this time.
- Vouchers available for extreme emergencies only. Please call at 613-241-1573, ext 268 to check eligibility.
*** SA stores are all open.
- By appointment only.
- For inquiries, or an appointment, you may call a caseworker at 613-241-1573, ext 255 or 256.
- Services fully functional. No changes in services.
- Thanksgiving dinner cancelled.
Housing Response (HRT)
- HRT staff working off site and reduced house visits.
- Street Outreach fully functional, same hours.
Special Care Unit
- A few beds have been made available for quarantine until the quarantine residence opens.
Life Skills & Stabilization Unit
- No change other than classes and group activities cancelled.
- No change other than group meetings cancelled.
Addiction Services (Anchorage Section)
- Please note that we are not accepting any new admissions until further notice.
- No outside meetings.
- Classes cancelled for Anchorage and Stabilization.
- Corrections staff working off site, email communications available.
Intakes on hold at this time
- SUP Classes on Hold.
- CSO placements limited
Spiritual Care Department
There will be a chaplain onsite most days for staff and clients to have one on one spiritual counselling and prayer.
• Chapel services for all groups are cancelled until further notice.
• Spiritual Care classes for all groups are cancelled until further notice.
• Spiritual Care Hospitality hour will be cancelled until further notice.